In January of 2012 I tipped the scales at 196 pounds. I had a 6 month old baby and LOTS of baby weight to get rid of. I felt sad, depressed and had no energy. I cried to my husband and told him that I was not comfortable in my own skin. I avoided social gatherings, hid in the back of pictures and felt completely lost. So I gathered up some friends and family members and started my own Biggest Loser challenge on Facebook. I created a private group where we could report our weight, share tips and healthy dinner ideas.I also started posting motivational pictures and quotes to keep myself motivated on my own personal FB wall. I lost about 20 pounds and felt like I was on my way! But at this point I didn't know what else to do, I was at a plateau and wanted to push past it. So I started surfing YouTube and came across a program called Turbo Fire. I saw other women getting AMAZING results and I didn't care what they did I WANTED IT!!!
So I bought it and found my coach. I was pumped and ready to start, but she said I had to get this stuff called Shakeology. I have never been a "shake person" and thought that it was just the same as all the other weight loss in a can crap out there on the market. So I kindly declined and did my Turbo Fire on my own. Two months had past and I had lost about 6 pounds...this was NOT the results that I wanted. I reached back out and asked her to tell me about Shakeology. I needed help and I didn't want to waste any more time. Here is what I learned...Shakeology is NOT just a protein shake! Yes it has protein in it, but it is a nutrient dense meal replacement shake with the vitamins and nutrition equivalent to 6 salads. (This was also WAY more than I was getting in my multi-vitamin!) I was very skeptical when I was told that Shakeology would help with digestion and regularity (a problem I had that I know MANY of us suffer from), curb cravings, boost energy naturally and help lose weight. How could a chocolate shake, that taste like a diner milkshake do all that AND be good for me? I kid you not that it DELIVERED. And the benefits didnt stop there. I had energy to get up and get my morning workouts done, I had less bloating in my stomach, I was losing weight as a result and since my body was getting all the nutrients and vitamins it needed I wasnt having cravings for junk. All cravings are is a way for our body to tell us that it's lacking something so we go seeking to satisfy it with junk or comfort food. My hair and nails were also strong and growing faster than ever! Deciding to drink Shakeology daily was the BEST decision I've made and all I can say is I wish I listened to my coach two months earlier. The combination of my workout, Shakeology and the support, community and accountability of my challenge group is what made all the pieces of the puzzle come together. Sure I could have hit the gym and ate "healthy" but I didnt know what to eat and how to workout. This challenge group gave me the tools, the nutrition, a day to day schedule for my workouts, it was a piece of cake! Although I am still a work in progress I have come a long way and proud of my efforts.
It was at this same time when I started drinking Shakeology that my coach approached me and asked what I thought about becoming a coach myself. Honestly I was flattered but I knew NOTHING about coaching. She was so professional and knowledgeable about health, fitness, clean eating and Beachbody and I was JUST starting my journey. She also told me that I could be a "preferred customer" if I wanted to and get 25% of of my Shakeology and any other products I purchased (HECK YAY, Coupon Queen over here!!) and I would also be able to join her challenge group as a challenger but at the same time learn how to coach others. I did this for 90 days as I went through my own personal transformation and ended 2012 down 42 pounds. I was PUMPED, I was no longer hiding in the back of pictures, I was LOVING my new, cute clothes and I was full of energy, which was really helpful with a one and a half year old! I knew if I could do this working a full time job with an infant that anyone could do it!
I met with my coach, joined her 60 day apprenticeship program where I learned everything she knew and did to get her to where she is today. I was given tools, documents, support, motivation and guidance to grow my own team. And then I told her that I was ready to do it on my own. I hit the ground running and have not looked back. I have successfully ran 1-2 challenge groups every month for the past 16 months, I am currently a Success Club 10 All Star, I have 25 personally sponsored coaches and a total of 40 coaches on my team! I ranked in the top 25 out of thousands of teams on the Beachbody Cup Challenge and I will be taking an all expense paid trip with my hubby in March as a reward for my efforts. It it not my intention in any way to brag or show off, I just hope to show you that ANYTHING is possible when you set your mind to it!! So here's where my story ends and YOURS begins!!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.