What a weekend!! I just returned home to the West Coast after an amazing 5 days in Destin Florida for a Leadership retreat. I have been coaching for 3 years now and for various reasons, including being pregnant, have not been able to attend a retreat, even though I was qualified. So to be able to attend this year, there was NO way I was missing it!!
I will admit as the trip got closer my anxiety got stronger. I was about to spend the weekend with 40+ women, several of whom are some of my best friends, but many of them I did not know. But, what came out of this trip together is amazing memories, new friendships, a lot of laughs, and a ton of learning and growth!
When we arrived we were given the royal treatment from the minute we walked in the door!
The retreat was themed around the book, I Am That Girl and we focused heavily on developing our own voice, story and truly being ok with being ourselves! We were also given a super cute tank which read, #bethatgirl leadership retreat!
Thursday night we had an awesome backyard BBQ dinner and chatted getting to know one another. After this, we kicked off the event with an ice breaker where we went around the room and introduced ourselves. We took turns sharing who we are and a little bit about our story and where we came from. It was such an awesome activity really getting to learn about each other. We laughed, we cried but over all we learned that we are ALL amazing women who each have a story unlike any other yet also similar in some ways too!
Friday morning we gathered for a PiYo workout around the pool. It was pretty incredible to start out the morning with these amazing women working out as the sun was rising. What a fantastic way to start the day, calm, centered and focused!
Friday night we got together for our first official workshop of the weekend. A huge part of your business is knowing WHY you are here and being able to effectively communicate your story. I will tell you that this is a difficult thing to do! When I first started with Beachbody I was very shy and insecure I was not comfortable putting myself out there and I thought I always had to be what "others" wanted me to be, no matter what that was. But after several years of learning and growing, reading personal development and really digging deep its getting a little easier. Being know WHY you MATTER and WHY you make a difference was what we worked on and was a truly eye opening activity!
Saturday started off again with three choices of workouts with various certified trainers (Tabata, PiYo and Cize). And then it was in for a quick breakfast before our full day of Elite and Corporate training.
We had the honor of listening to Cim Carver discuss the importance of goal setting, game planning for the end of this year and starting off next year strong, overcoming fear, and controlling the controllable!
We broke for lunch of grilled chicken salads
Then back to training on how to create a marketing plan, how to grow your confidence and how to find a work life balance.
After our training was over we all put on our Be That Girl tanks and headed to the Beach for a large team picture. To see how much our team has grown over the years is truly awesome!
Then it was back to the house for Mexican night!
We enjoyed chicken and steak fajitas, chips and guac, and margaritas.
We sat by the pool, roasted marshmallows, made s'mores and relaxed together.
On Sunday we learned all about social media and how to grow our business through like pages. Then it was time to head to the beach to chill and relax!! It was nice after the 2 days of training to just laugh and have fun!!! The breeze was perfect, the weather was warm and the fish were all around us in the clear blue water!
Team retreats and other events like this require a lot. We have to leave our families, invest in travel, transportation and babysitters in come cases, but these experiences can never be duplicated. The value, knowledge and overall experience is just truly amazing!
One of the key things I learned about myself from this retreat is that I am not alone in this. Sometimes as an entrepreneur, its easy to wonder if we are doing this whole thing right, how we can be doing things differently and constantly looking to improve. So its nice to know we are not alone and that everyone goes through the same or similar things in their business!
Today I sit here looking through countless pages of notes and I know that some BIG shifts are coming! My business is going to grow by leaps and bounds, I'm setting BIG, SCARY goals and I am becoming a stronger leader!
If you want to be successful in life it means stepping out of your comfort zone, it means taking that LEAP OF FAITH, stepping forward, and be willing to fail so that you can learn from the experience and become stronger and better!
If you have every considered coaching, now is the time! We are ending 2015 STRONG and kicking off 2016 with a BANG!
I am currently running a 5 Day sneak peek into coaching for women who are not currently coaching or working with another Beachbody coach. If you would like to learn more about how this business works then you can request to join the group:
I am also going to be doing a short 30 minute Q&A call on Thursday at 6pm PST this week explaining exactly what coaching is all about and how it could be right for you!
Ask me how you can be a part of that call!!!!
I am accepting 5 applications to join Team Simply Fit and be an apprentice coach in my October 5th New Coach University Program. Complete the application below to be considered for a spot on the team!!!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.