Monday morning my hubby offered to go to the grocery store so I took him up on the offer!! All morning I had been jotting down this thing and that thing as they flew through my head but I never took the time to actually LOOK in the fridge or the pantry to see what we needed. So upon his return I was putting away the groceries only to discover that I had forgotten to list SEVERAL of my main staples that I need for the week. I had no one to blame but myself so I decided to stop right then and there and create a master grocery "staples" list.
The foods on this list are foods that my family eats that are clean and if possible organic. I find that many organic fruits and veggies are often on sale and honestly not that much more than the non-organic versions. Now what you eat in your home is totally up to you, I'm not judging, only sharing what I eat with my family. Please note that this is my "master" list and includes EVERYTHING we eat or an ingredient for a specific recipe....I do NOT buy all of this every week. It depends what's in season and also what particular meal plan I'm following at that time. But this way I can just print out my list and instead of forgetting anything i can just cross things off before I even go to the store if I dont need them!! Check out my Clean Eating Recipes when you're doing your meal planning next week.
Produce
Carrots
Cucumbers
Spinach
Zucchini
Butternut Squash (Usually frozen and pre-chopped)
Sweet Potatoes
Avocado
Asparagus
Artichokes (when in season)
Onion (red and white/yellow)
Garlic
Bell Peppers
Green Beans
Broccoli
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Fuji Apples
Bananas
Berries (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries)
Cutie Oranges
Pineapple
Dairy
Low Fat Cheese (shredded and sliced)
Organic Whole milk for my son
Fat Free for my hubby
Almond milk for me
Oikos 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
Butter
Presidente Low Fat Feta Cheese
1% Cottage cheese
Eggs
Nuts/Grains/Other
Almonds
Old Fashion Oats
Quinoa
Brown Rice (usually the 90 second boil in the bag)
Protein Powder
Natural Peanut Butter
PB2
Shakeology
Meats
93% Lean Ground Turkey
Chicken Breasts
Lean cuts of steak
Talapia
If you are new to clean eating or haven't even tried it but are interested in more information I would like to personally invite you to be a part of my 30 day Shakeology and Clean Eating group starting April 15th. In this group you will receive meal planning, recipes, tips, basics on clean eating, support and motivation to make eating healthy a lifestlye change and not a crash diet. We will incorporate Shakeology adn I will teach you exactly how to get the results you are looking for. Then, after the 30 days is up you will have a great base of knowledge to continue on with what works best for you.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.