Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Meatloaf Cupcakes with Sweet Potato Frosting

www.facebook.com/MelindaBesinaiz, meatloaf cupcakes, sweet potato frosting, clean eating recipes, healthy recipes, busy mom recipes, meat and potatoes, 21 day fix recipes, melinda besinaiz,

My family LOVES meat and potatoes...I think I make meatloaf at least once a week but I was tired of the same ol', same ol' and decided to spice things up a bit! I didn't do much other than change the look of one of our favorite dishes, but something about the idea of having "cupcakes" for dinner made for some very clean plates and a very happy mommy. Last night wasn't a battle and I LIKE THAT!!! The best part is that it was still 21 Day Fix friendly and it took less than 30 minutes from fridge to table!! I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!!

Ingredients
* 1 pound lean ground turkey
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp ketchup (separated)
*2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 large sweet potato
* Almond milk
 
Directions
(Preheat over to 350)
1. Combine turkey, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Divide meat mixture into 6 large balls and put in regular sized cupcake tin.
3. Mix 2 tbsp ketchup and 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce and top muffins equally
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
5. While muffins are baking wash large sweet potato and poke several times with a fork. Microwave for 5 minutes, flip and microwave another 3-5 minutes until totally soft.  Peel potato and add some almond milk....I just eye balled it but put in about 2 tbsp at a time until soft. Blend with electric mixer.
6. When muffins are done, plate them and top with 1/6 of the potato and ENJOY!!!

Serving info:
1 serving is 1.5 muffins topped with sweet potato

Fix Containers
1.25 Red, 1.5 yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.